All cars must be parked in one of the two lots conveniently located near the venue ($5 Saturday and $10 Sunday). Handicapped parking is available on the boulevard near the Boathouse and in the HCP lot near the Beach Launch site.
There are no exceptions - there are mercenary towing companies (out of our control) who are on call with free reign to tow cars that are parked on the boulevard or in other areas where they should not be.
Car-top drop offs are available near the Boathouse and the Beach Launch site. Locate a suitable space on the grounds
to execute the drop off, keep your car flashers on, and then quickly move your car or SUV to one of the two main lots.
It is VITAL that your car doesn't inhibit the arrival of trailers, because your space becomes wasted boulevard capacity
if two trailers surround you before you move to the parking lot.
Additional Notes on Parking
There are many U-Turn opportunities along the boulevard, and they come with a dedicated U-Turn lane. If you see an opening for a U-Turn, that doesn't mean it's legal.
Please obey traffic laws.
- Handicap Parking: There are HCP spots very conveniently located to the Boathouse and also the Beach Launch site on the river side of the boulevard. Look for the standard HCP signage and be sure to display your placard to avoid towing.
- Singles and Doubles Drop Off: You are free to quickly off-load your boat anywhere on the boulevard.
Please move quickly and do not inhibit the flow of trailers into the breakdown lane of boulevard. Remove the boat from your car and then
move the car to one of the two parking lots. Be sure to tie down your boat to avoid damage from wind.
- School Buses: Park for free in the Dry Weather Lot adjacent to the Main Parking Lot. But it's called
the Dry Weather Lot for a reason - if we've had rain, then this lot is a pothole swapland guarnteed to keep your bus
mired in muck for a long time. Be prepared to be waved off and sent to the Elks Lodge Lot up the road. ABSOLUTELY NO SCHOOL BUS PARKING ON THE BOULEVARD.
- Trailer Trucks (Cabs): Once you unhitch from your trailer on the boulevard or in the main trailer lot, proceed to the Dry Weather Lot or to the Elks Lodge Lot. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRUCK ON THE BOULEVARD WITH THE TRAILER.
We have prepared special notes for Trailers that you should read as well.
- Vendors: Our vendor partners have designated parking on the boulevard adjacent to the vendor area. Upon arrival, go to the check-in desk at the
Boathouse to obtain a pass for your vehicle. If you have hired help that is driving by car, they must park their cars in one of the two car lots - they cannot
stay in the vendor parking area. The vendor parking area is intended for the easy movement of your inventory and that of the other vendors - space is limited. The vendor parking section of
the boulevard is about 100m downriver from the Boathouse, just past the Handicap Parking. You should have received a location map for your
tent space that will make it easy for you to put your vehicle near your tent space.
- Regatta Staff: All regatta staff, including referees, should park in the Main Lot across from the Boathouse. Obtain a parking pass from your committee chair to avoid the parking fee.
About the Dry Weather Lot
It may look innocent enough, but if we've had rain (and we have), this muddy swamp becomes a bus and truck black hole that can only
be resolved through the use of expensive tow trucks. There are good parts and bad parts in this lot, so be aware that we may fit a limited
number of vehicles in the flat portion of this grassy space and may shut it down without notice. Do the smart thing and go straight to the Elks Lodge lot
which has a nice asphalt surface and is still close to the venue. If your bus or truck becomes stuck in the mud, please find a regatta director who will bring up
this web page on his smartphone and show you that you were warned.